Territory Sales Representative
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for growing new business within the existing service territory while maintaining key customer relationships. The person in this role must be able to develop a deep understanding of a prospective customer's needs in order to provide a competitive service offering. While some account management is required with a select group of key customers, this role’s primary responsibility is new business sales.
Please Note: Cover Letter is required along with Application
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of a Sales and Marketing plan to drive customer acquisition and achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all aspects of products and services including hauling, disposal, recycling, solutions and organics.
- Work with subject matter experts in the areas of disposal, recycling, solutions, and organics to enhance cross selling opportunities.
- Fully plan and implement an internal growth strategy including price increases.
- Look for opportunities to increase services to existing customers and develop a fully functioning account retention program in the defined territory.
- Coordinate with the account management team to recognize and solve problems and develop quality cross-selling solutions with the key team members.
- Maintain strong relationships with drivers, operations, customers, Customer Service representatives to insure the safest service procedures.
- Implement effective time management goals.
- Work with division management to maintain Service Standards and target new business opportunities.
- Prepare and submit all administrative paperwork for customer set up and account changes.
- Understand and utilize company pricing and profitability models.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics 365 to clearly and accurately set goals and communicate monthly goals and accomplishments in coordination with local management.
- Develop tasks and activities that support both personal and company goals and communicate actual results to goal on a monthly basis with local management.
- Attend all divisional and regional sales meetings to aid in training and increase networking opportunities.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and strategic selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Demonstrated sales results and track record of success
- Qualify develop and manage business opportunities
- Proficient use of Office 365 and related platforms
- History of succeeding in collaborative environments
- Minimum 3-5 years “Business to Business” sales
- Experience or interest in environmental and or sustainability field
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant sales certifications
- Sales school
- Valid driving license
- Travel- 80% inside the defined territory
- Periodic overnight travel for regional training
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.