Operations Manager Trainee
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Operations Management training program is designed to develop individuals into frontline manager roles. As an Operations Manager Trainee, you will learn the responsibilities and functions performed by an Operations Manager through on-the-job training. This training program, which lasts up to 12 months, will prepare you to effectively handle the day-to-day operations at a Casella hauling division. Successful completion of this program will result in a management position in operations at a division within our northeast business footprint.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for learning DOT & OSHA safety programs and systems; operational business processes, systems & tools, performance management; dispatch & routing; fleet maintenance processes
- Learn how to maximize productivity and route management systems for commercial, roll-off and residential routes and understand how to establish productivity goals where needed
- Collaborate with all frontline managers to learn the day-to-day business operations (i.e. Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, Sales Manager, Division Controller, General Manager)
- Learn how to screen, interview and conduct reference and background checks on candidates
- Work with local safety teams to continue to create a safety conscious culture
- Complete the assigned Operations Management training program topics and all other assigned trainings
- Perform other duties as assigned; may include special projects
- This position may have periodic leadership/management responsibilities throughout the program
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory and leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant work experience
- Valid CDL or willing to obtain one
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record throughout the duration of employment in this position
- Willingness to travel throughout the footprint during the program
- Must be willing to relocate within an assigned geographic area at the conclusion of the program
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.