Industrial Customer Solutions Specialist
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Industrial Customer Solutions Specialist communicates with large industrial companies across the United States and Canada, building relationships while managing the facilities waste and bi products into various outlets. This individual understands their dedicated accounts business and assists in determining which of our waste and recycling services will create the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
Key Accountabilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Receives service requests via phone or email, generating workorders and scheduling services into appropriate end sites. Sends service to haulers and confirms with them when service has been scheduled.
- Schedules services to include long hauls, incineration appointments, depack and additional trash and recycling services
- Determines alternate trucking and end site capabilities while working closely with the field and sourcing.
- Assists account manager by notifying of any vendor issues that need intervention, while determining and offering alternative solutions to rectify the issue.
- Provides the sourcing department with requests received by the department, to streamline process and pricing.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products and services offered, and position held within the organization.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and core values.
- Works on projects as presented and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Positive, team-oriented individual who is a self-starter, can think outside of the box, has initiative, reliable, adaptable, has strong problem-solving skills and is results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and develop sales opportunities
- Demonstrated proficient with MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- 2-3 years sales experience
- Background knowledge or interest in environmental and/or sustainability field
- High School Education or GED
- Legally eligible to work in the US
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.